Kerry E. Higgins
ATTORNEY AT LAW
Kerry Higgins is an experienced attorney with a commitment to helping her clients reach their goals. A graduate of Villanova University (magna cum laude) and Villanova University School of Law, she brings a broad range of skills to her practice.
Kerry's practice has an emphasis on municipal law, land use and development, residential and commercial real estate, commercial law and litigation, estate planning, administration and litigation, guardianships and property tax appeals. She has served as municipal attorney, planning and zoning board attorney and has represented government agencies in condemnation matters.
She believes in furthering the practice of law and has been active in the Monmouth Bar Association, having served on numerous committees, as a Trustee, Officer and President. She also believes in giving back to the community and has served as Trustee and volunteer for several civic groups and charitable organizations, including Centrastate Healthcare Foundation, Western Monmouth Chamber of Commerce, Western Monmouth YMCA, Olde Freehold Day, NJ Tournament of Champions, and IEP Youth Services.
Kerry enjoys hiking, golfing, volleyball and relaxing with her retired racing greyhound Dugan.
- Freehold Borough
- Sea Bright Planning/Zoning Board
- Senior Citizens Housing Corporation of Freehold
- Dana Transport
- Cerrato O'Connor Dawes Collins Saker & Brown, 1985 to 1997
- Lomurro & Eastman, 1983 to 1985
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Monmouth Bar Association
Current Employment Position
- Municipal Law 30%
- Land Use and Development 20%
- Commercial and Residential Real Estate 20%
- Property Tax Appeals 20%
- Estate Planning and Administration 10%
- New Jersey, 1981
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1981
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Outstanding Woman of Achievement, 2008
- NJ INstitute of Local Government Attorneys William M. Cox Award, 2015
- Girl Scout of the Jersey Shore Woman of Distinction